Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
The Human Resources (HR) policies in the Requirements and Policies Manual (RPM) contain important information concerning employment at Berkeley Lab, and have been designed to be a useful reference tool to assist employees in becoming acquainted with Laboratory expectations and processes. The HR policies and procedures provide:
- Employees information on their responsibilities in the workplace
- Supervisors information on their responsibilities for ensuring consistent application of Laboratory HR policies
HR policies are grouped into the following categories:
- Compensation and Work Hours
- Employee Development
- Employee Records
- Health Services Programs (owned by Health Services)
- Leaves of Absence
- Outside Business and Employment (owned by Research & Institutional Integrity Office (RIIO))
- Problem Resolution
- Relations with Employee Organizations
- Separation from Employment
- Types of Employee Appointments
- Work Environment
To view a full list of HR policies, go here.
The HR section of the RPM applies to nonrepresented employees. Employees should refer to the "Who Should Read This Policy" section to see if a specific policy applies to them. This manual is not intended to be, and should not be interpreted as, a contract between Berkeley Lab and any employee. Policies may be changed at any time by the Laboratory. Employees who are represented by an exclusive bargaining agent should refer to their collective bargaining agreement (CBA).
Employees may contact their division's HR Center or firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any questions about an HR policy or procedure.
For Health Services Programs, contact Health Services or call x6266. For Outside Business and Employment, contact Research and Institutional Integrity Office (RIIO)