All Berkeley Lab employees are automatically provisioned a licensed Zoom account at no cost. To self activate your account, follow these instructions. See below for a description of Zoom account types.
- Anyone can sign up for a basic Zoom account. By default, the participant limit is set to 100 remote attendees. All meetings will time out after 40 minutes.
- Berkeley Lab employees are automatically provisioned a licensed Zoom account.
- If you find yourself with a Basic account, contact the IT Help Desk ([email protected]) to request an upgrade.
- You can check your account type by visiting zoom.lbl.gov > My Account > Profile. The user type should read "Licensed."
- Users at the Lab are provisioned a Zoom Pro account.
- To activate your account, download the Zoom desktop application and sign in with SSO.
- If the previous step doesn't work, email the IT Help Desk [email protected] from your lbl.gov email account.
- All the functionality of Zoom is available with the exception of providing toll free telephone connections to your meeting.
- Toll numbers for US and International are provided.
- If you desire to provide free phone calls for participants in your meetings, you will need to put in a request to [email protected] and provide a Project and Activity ID.
- You will be recharged for minutes your participants use, based on a rate table provided by Zoom.
- The cost per minute depends on the location of your remote participants. To see a list of per minute rates, visit this page: lbnl.zoom.us/zoomconference/rates.
Up to 300 participants (no time limit)
|Screen Sharing||Screen sharing is available to any participant (host can lock out screen sharing for a meeting). zoom.us/share|
Any participant can annotate content on a shared screen. (host can lock this out for participants)
A participant can grant remote access control to another participant - useful for troubleshooting or providing assistance
Traditional room systems can join a Zoom Meeting (call in to the IP address in the event invitation)
Users can allow another licensed user to schedule meetings on their behalf.
Zoom scheduling is integrated with Google Calendar. Download the plugin.
Zoom instant meeting invitations use Gmail to send the invitations.
|VC Carts||Zoom is on our Video Conference carts (typically used to join a meeting)|
Webinar or Large Meeting
- IT can temporarily assign a webinar license to a lbl.gov account for audience sizes larger than 300 remote attendees.
- When the webinar is completed, the license will be reclaimed by IT within 3 days.
- To request a webinar license, enter an AV support request with the details of your event and PID.
- Use of the license is granted for up to 2 weeks which provides time to practice using the license and conduct the event.
Still Need Help?
Click the icon in the lower right corner of this page to start a chat with the IT Help Desk.