What is Office 365 ProPlus?
Office 365 ProPlus is a subscription based plan for Microsoft Office. It has to be renewed annually or the service will be discontinued. The included applications are the latest versions of: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access, and Skype for Business. (Publisher and Access are available on PC only.) The applications can be installed on PCs, Macs, Android tablets, Android phones, iPad, and iPhone. This subscription also gives you access to Office Online (create and edit documents from a browser) and OneDrive for Business (1 TB of personal cloud storage).
How is Office 365 different from Office 2016 Standard?
Office 2016 Standard is a traditional Office installation that is tied to the computers it is installed on and is purchased only once. Office 365 ProPlus needs to be renewed annually but it includes Publisher, Access and Skype for Business, which are not part of Office 2016 Standard and it can be installed on more than one device.
How many devices can Office 365 be installed on?
Office 365 can be activated on up to 5 devices at a time.
*** Please be aware that each instance has to be signed in to the Office 365 account. This gives users access to any data stored in that account so this may not be a good option if one computer is for individual use and another is for shared/team use.
- Is an Internet connection required to use Office 365 ProPlus?
Office 365 ProPlus is designed to run locally on PCs so a persistent connection to the Internet is not required but the Office desktop applications do perform a daily check for user account status using the Internet. The desktop version of Office is also automatically kept up to date and upgraded when you connect to the Internet.
- What are the prices of Office 2016 Standard and Office 365 ProPlus?
Office 2016 Standard - $266.27 (Mac) / $261.09 (PC)
Office 365 ProPlus - $111.05 per year
- How can I get Office 365 ProPlus?
1) Go to https://software.lbl.gov and purchase Office 365 ProPlus under Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
2) After your purchase has been approved, the LBL License Team will give you access to Office 365. You will get an email from Microsoft Online Services Team with your credentials and URL to the sign-in page (if you do not see an email in one business day, please email email@example.com)
3) After signing in, you can install your Office applications
4) Click “Install Office apps” and save the exe file
5) Launch the exe file to begin the installation