Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Data Center Access Control
Access to institutional data centers is card-key controlled and access is logged. Visitors to data centers must be approved or escorted.
The IT Data Center team is responsible for approving access to institutional data centers. Authorized access requires:
- A business need to access 50B-1275 or 50A-1156
- Completion of the computer room training (good for three years)
To request access, email ITdatacenter@lbl.gov and identify your business need for access and which centers you need access to and the duration. Once we receive the proof of satisfactory completion of the training, you will contact you with approval, as appropriate. Read more on this process at https://commons.lbl.gov/display/itfaq/Data+Center+Access.
The expiration date on access depends on need:
- Temporary access. When access is required for a project (e.g. construction), the expiration date is set per the project requirements.
- Ongoing access. For staff outside of the “IT Datacenter” workgroup, the expiration date is set for 3 years per the training requirement.
The IT Data Center team reviews access lists annually:
- If access is no longer needed, the team removes access.
- If training is out of date, the user is given two weeks to complete the training.