Welcome to LBNL HEP Journal club for Graduate students (and other students working on HEP Physics).
We meet weekly on Mondays at 15:00-16:00 at Berkeley Lab.
Check the table below for the room, but always somewhere in the Building 50 complex near blackberry gate (bus stop 65).
Each week one of our members will chair the discussion, which effectively mean they'll have a specific set of points they wish to go over.
However, everyone is expected to have read the paper and contribute to the discussion! No slides allowed, but supplementary material/plots is fine!
Schedule for speakers/papers:
|20th Nov.||LHCb lepton universality (4)||"||"||"|
|13th Nov.||cancelled||-||-||-||-||Meeting cancelled due to too many people being away.|
|6th Nov.||LHCb lepton universality (3)||"||"||"||journalClubMinutes_Nov6th2017.txt||Some useful slides via xiangyang: LHCb.pdf|
|30th Oct.||LHCb lepton universality (2)||https://arxiv.org/abs/1705.05802||Xiangyang||50B-2222||journalClubMinutes_Oct30th2017.txt|
Drell-Yan xsection (3) +
LHCb lepton universality (1)
|"||"||journalClubMinutes_Oct23rd2017.txt||Systematics of Drell-Yan + results, theory section of |
lepton universality paper.
|16th Oct.||Drell-Yan xsection (2)||"||"||"||journalClubMinutes_Oct16th2017.txt|
|9th Oct.||Drell-Yan xsection (1)||Drell_yan_Elsevier||Nikola||50B-2222||journalClubMinutes_Oct9th2017.txt||New paper!|
|2nd Oct.||Z'/CI - dilepton search (6)||"||"||"||journalClubMinutes_Oct9th2017.txt|
|25th Sept.||Z'/CI - dilepton search (5)||"||"||"||journalClubMinutes_Sep25th2017.txt|
|18th Sept.||Z'/CI - dilepton search (4)||"||Cesar||"||(minute-taker not present)|
|11th Sept.||Z'/CI - dilepton search (3)||"||"||"||journalClubMinutes_Sep11th2017.txt|
|5th Sept.||Z'/CI - dilepton search (2)||"||"||50B-2222||journalClubMinutes_Sep5th2017.txt|
This meeting is moved to Tuesday b/c of Labour day.
Note room change!
|28th Aug.||Z'/CI - dilepton search (1)||https://arxiv.org/abs/1707.02424||Rebecca||50B-4205|
Suggestions for papers are always welcome!
Pool of suggested papers:
- Patrick's favourite topic: Luminosity_2011
- Charged particle multiplicity, ATLAS: https://arxiv.org/abs/1602.01633, ALICE: https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.01435, CMS: CMS_charge_multiplicty
- Top x-section in ATLAS: https://arxiv.org/abs/1606.02699
- Min bias: Min_bias_2010
- W mass: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1701.07240.pdf
- Higgs Discovery, ATLAS: https://arxiv.org/abs/1207.7214 CMS: https://arxiv.org/abs/1207.7235
- Top differential xsection: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1708.00727.pdf
- WW scattering: http://arxiv.org/abs/1708.02812
- Strong force coupling constant: http://dx.doi.org/10.1140/epjc/s10052-015-3376-y
- Resonances in diPhoton: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1606.03833.pdf