- Create bibliographies quickly and automatically format in-text citations with word processing software (Word, Google Docs, Open Office).
- Collect citations as you research, and save them in a personal account.
- Add citations automatically from UCB Melvyl catalog and databases without having to cut and paste or retype the information.
- Annotate citations and link them to full-text documents.
- Organize citations into folders.
While a number of reference manager applications exist, many researchers generally use one of four: RefWorks, Zotero, Endnote, or Mendeley.
Please look at the descriptions below to decide which is best for you. One thing to keep in mind is that it can be hard to switch from one platform to another. You can export your citations, but transferring tags or folders will be difficult.