- Create bibliographies quickly and automatically format in-text citations with word processing software (Word, Google Docs, Open Office).
- Collect citations as you research, and save them in a personal account.
- Add citations automatically from UCB Melvyl catalog and databases without having to cut and paste or retype the information.
- Annotate citations and link them to full-text documents.
- Organize citations into folders.
The LBNL Lab has access to several strong writing and, document and citation management tools.
Please look at the descriptions below to decide which is best for you. One thing to keep in mind is that it can be hard to switch from one platform to another. You can export your citations, but transferring tags or folders will be difficult.
What is it?:
- A document and citation management tool for GSuite applications,
How to get it:
https://paperpile.com Click “Sign In”, click “Sign in with Google”, and use your Berkeley Lab Identity credentials to sign in.
Automatic Import and export of citations from BibTex, RIS, Zotero, Mendeley, and Endnote
Automatic import of citations and papers from Google Scholar, PubMed, and arXiv
Automatic insertion of citations within Google Docs
Easy generation of LaTex citations
Citations sharing and collaboration citation folders
Citations can be exported for use in Endnote
How to get help:
What is it?::
- Online collaborative LaTeX editor with integrated real-time preview
How to get it
- Real-time collaboration in rich text or LaTeX
- Simple sharing
- Real-time previewing
- Finds errors quickly
- Integrated publishers
How to get help