All Berkeley Lab employees are granted a Zoom Pro account license with no time limit and up to 300 remote attendees.
- A limited number of Zoom Webinar licenses (500 remote attendee max) are available for short-term use by lbl.gov users.
- AV services can schedule lab-wide Zoom webinars on behalf of organizers and post link to join on streaming.lbl.gov (3,000 remote attendee max).
- A Zoom webinar is typically used for remote audiences who will have no control over their camera or microphone.
- Hosts and panelists control the webinar, while remote attendees watch the broadcast and submit questions using the Q&A feature.
Before requesting an individual webinar license, please review the Meeting and Webinar Comparison article.
AV Services provides real-time remote support for Zoom Webinars, as well as broadcast support for large meetings and conferences:
- Building 50 Auditorium
- Building 54 Auditorium
- Building 66 Auditorium
Due to COVID-19 restrictions AV Services will evaluate requests for onsite support on a case by case basis, following procedures and policies set forth by Lab directorate.
Scheduling a Streaming Broadcast
- To request an individual Zoom Webinar or Zoom Large Meeting license, complete the AV Request Form.
- If you require high quality video editing services or camera operation, contact the Creative Services Office for equipment rental and camera control requirements.
View a Live Broadcast
- Most live broadcasts can be viewed by clicking here.
- Some events may require special broadcast arrangements with a vendor or a different broadcast link from the organizer.
- Contact the AV Services group if you have questions regarding events. Email: email@example.com
Video Streaming Library
- To view our library of programs, click here.
- Archive of videos prior to 2018 can be viewed here.
- To view other stored programs, such as YouTube videos, click here.
Still Need Help?
- IT Help Desk (510) 486-4357
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requesters are responsible for any charges related to AV setup and/or pre-testing. Cancel or modify existing requests by sending an email to email@example.com.
AV Hours: Regular hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. Any labor performed outside these hours will incur overtime charges ($150/hour). AV services are recharged based on a flat rate of $100/hr, including staffing for live streaming events which require technician monitoring Zoom webinar for the duration.
AV services are recharged based on a flat rate of $100/hr, including staffing for live streaming events which require technician monitoring Zoom webinar for the duration.