Account Requests (LBNL)
Archives and Records Office
Rates dependent on what records processing services are required, depending on the specific needs of each project.
A/V Services (50, 54, 66 Auditoriums)
A/V Hours: Regular A/V hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Any labor performed outside these hours will incur overtime charges.
AV services are recharged based on a flat rate of $100/hr. Equipment will not be charged for separately.
- Our rental inventory for the 3 rooms which we support includes laptop PCs, in-room LCD projectors, and wireless microphones. Please contact us if you have questions about your needs.
- A/V person present at your event for setup/breakdown is a minimum charge of one hour.
- Any request for full staffing (AV technician remains for duration of event) will be charged for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Rush Charge: Requests made with less than 48 business hours' advance notice will be billed at time-and-a-half.
- Note: We may not be able to support emergency requests due to existing staff commitments.
- Weekend Charge: Minimum labor charge for weekend days is four hours (and depends upon staff availability).
- Damaged Property: Requestors take full responsibility to replace equipment/property that is damaged/lost/stolen during the rental use.
- One-time setup fee: $50
- VERITAS BACKUP Service: MONTHLY: $10 per month, plus the following based on backup size:
- 0-25GB @ $3.50/GB
- 26-50GB @ $2.50/GB
- 50-2,500GB @ $0.50/GB
- 2,500+GB @ $0.20/GB
- RESTORE Service Fees: Data-restore services are charged on a time-and-materials basis of $110/hour; priority rate is 1.5 times regular rate.
- TIVOLI BACKUP Service
- First copy stored on disk on UC Berkeley Campus @ $0.26/GB
- Second copy stored on disk out of area @ $0.16/GB
Cellular Phone Service: Calling Plans
All cellular users are included in either an AT&T or Verizon Wireless pooled minute plan. Individuals are recharged the percentage of minutes they used in the pooled minute plan. Night/weekend and mobile-to-mobile minutes are unlimited. Cellular requests require the approval of your Division Director, Deputy Division Director, or Division Director's Designate. To view all cellular phones and their specifications please visit the Telephone Service Center Cellular Calling Plans and Equipment page.
Cellular Phone Service: PDA Phones
Telephone Services recommends that PDA users sign up for an unlimited data plan along with their cellular phone service. To view all PDA phones and their specifications please visit the Telephone Services PDA Phones page.
Central System Logging
Common Internet File System (CIFS)
There is no charge for this service.
There is no charge for this service.
Co-location (rack space rental)
$100 per rackspace per month. Exception if rack fully populated with an HPC cluster or if it is a rack that uses more than a standard size - $125/rack.
Computer Training Room Rental
A half-day session is $80. A full day is $160. If two groups wish to split a day, the cost can be shared. Cancellation must be at least seven days in advance for a refund.
DNS - Domain Name Service
- Submission of domain name request and activation: Approximately $200
- Domain renewal: Approximately $100 for a five-year renewal
New Lowered E-mail Charges
As of October 1, 2007, email is free of charge including storage of up to 3GB. Storage above 3GB will cost $10/GB/month and be prorated to actual average usage.
As of October 2010, there is no charge for eRoom.
Network Cables and Switches
LBLnet Services Group :: Price List for Parts & Services
|Network Jack Services
To order this service, complete the on-line request form.
* Gigabit ports are not available in every building. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for availablilty.
(reflects time & materials)
|plus cat 5 cable pull (if necessary)
||Time & materials charges
|Wireless Access Point Installations
For a detailed explanation of the charges please click here.
|FIRST wireless in the building
|Wireless already exists in the building
|Non-LBL Domain Registration
|Submission of Domain Name Request and Activation
(reflects time & registrar charges)
for a 5 year renewal.
(reflects time & registrar charges)
5-port and 8-port switches and
cat 5e cables in 10', 15', 25' and 50'
|Call the help desk (x4357) to create a ticket to purchase items. Items will will be delivered within 1 business day. Customers can also pick up these parts in building 46, room 125.
Network Consulting and Advice
NTP - Network Time Protocol
- This service is overhead-funded.
Operations Desktop Support
Primary workstation: For Operations staff (except Engineering), ODS provides the primary workstation at no cost. At the end of the lifespan of the primary computer, the program will replenish the workstation with a new computer. Lifespan currently lasts 4 years for desktops and 3 for laptops. In addition, ODS will replace the workstation without cost, if it should wear out before its lifespan elapses. The program covers the standard load of software on the primary computer. It provides support for all of the workstations in Operations, not just the primary ones.
Additional hardware: Additional hardware, such as a secondary monitor, is not provided by the program and requires a project ID. If you want enhancements beyond the standard hardware platform, such as more memory, or a larger monitor than the program provides, you must provide an project ID to cover the difference. The program also does not provide hardware and software for special task workstations, servers, or PDAs. If you need parts, or you need to totally replace one of these, the IT Help Desk can advise on and arrange the purchase, but will require a project ID.
Printers: The ODS program does not purchase printers, but will help with selection and with configuration. Printer replacement, printer parts, and repair also require a project id.
Non-Operations jobs, or specialized projects beyond the scope of normal PC maintenance: These are charged by time and materials. These rates apply:
MAC/PC – Time & Materials
Standard Hourly Rate
High Priority Rate
$60 per incident, $110/hr
1.5 times standard
15% burden and handling surcharge ($20 minimum)
The Laboratory's current vendor for telephone pagers is American Messaging Service. Rates very based on the the coverage areas and services users select. To view pager models, coverage areas and service options, please visit the Telephone Service Center Pager Rates page.
$60.00 Incident Fee to create help desk ticket
$90 per hour for standard printer service
$135 per hour for high priority printer service
$135 per hour for plotter service
Quote will be provided for cost of parts, return visit may be required.
ReadyTalk Audio Conferencing usage is billed back to the project ID provided to Telephone Services upon request for service. No additional charges apply for Web conferencing. To view current rates for per-minute charges for domestic and international calls, or broadcast audio and conference recordings, please visit the Telephone Services ReadyTalk Rates page.
Records and Storage
- Request boxes from ARO. These boxes are only to be used for sending records to ARO; they are not to be used as moving and storage boxes. The first 10 boxes are free of charge; if you need more than 10 boxes, the charge is $1.75 a box.
- Transportation charges to transport records to ARO:
- 5 boxes or fewer: One driver for a half-hour at $50/hour
- 6-20 boxes: Two drivers, each a half-hour at $50/hour
- More than 20 boxes: Depends on volume. Contact Transportation at ext. 5404 for details.
The minimum charge by IDS Couriers for next-day delivery is $40. (Depending on weight of items being retrieved, additional charges apply.)
- Online journal access for those journals LBNL subscribes to: No fee
- Books and journal articles located at LBNL or the warehouse: No fee
- LBNL Reports: No fee
- Books, journal articles, and reports from UC Berkeley libraries: $10 per item
- Books, journal articles, and reports from other California or DOE-affiliated libraries: $15 per item
- Books, journal articles, and reports from all other libraries: $20 per item
- Material needed on a rush basis, i.e., within 48 hours: $35 per item
- The Library no longer purchases desk copies or books or personal journal subscriptions: Please check with your departmental business officer.
- There is no charge for this service
- There is no charge for this service
Scientific Workstation Support (Linux)
These services are also offered on a Time and Materials basis for one-time or intermittent need.
SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT MONTHLY RATES
- Full-management Linux desktop or server, Network appliance or Hitachi (Bluearc) server: $300/month
- Time-and-materials consulting rate: $120/hour
Self-Hosted E-mail Servers
This service is overhead-funded.
Software Downloads Rates
Software Licenses Rates
- Some software is free; others must be paid for.
Telephones: Monthly Charges
To view a chart of monthly (recurring) charges for telephone equipment please visit the Telephone Services Telephone Equipment Charges page.
- The LBNL Scientific UNIX systems are funded on a recharge basis. There is a $75 one-time fee for new accounts and a $25/month user account fee to cover the cost of account administration. Additionally, there are fees for the use of the Scientific computers and file servers. Please click here for a full listing of rates.
There is no charge for this service. To learn more, please visit the Voice Mail Services page.
MEETING ROOM CONFERENCING:
- Room rate if technical assistance is required to make connections: $58/hour
- Self-serve room rate: $40/hour
- User self-serve training: $68/hour (half-hour usually required)
- Dedicated in-room tech support person: $68/hour
- Portable unit rental: $40/hour or $200/day. Set-up fee is $68/hour, and usually takes an hour. An active spare network jack must be in place.
- ISDN connection: $0.15/minute per channel. Most conferences are held at 128 Kbps, requiring two channels or dial-up connections at $18/hour. A 384 Kbps connection requires six channels or dial-up connections, costing $54/hour.
- Multisite conference bridging service by ESnet: no charge
- Outside vendor gateway connection charges vary from $150-$300/hour.
- Setup and testing: No charge
- Dedicated in-room tech-support person: $77/hour (recommended for meetings involving more than three sites or when hosting/viewing synchronized PowerPoint slides)
File storage rates:
- $15.00 for each hour of stored video
- $ 68.00 per hour basic server setup
- $ 68.00 per hour for monitoring
- $ 50.00 per hour producer server rental
- $ 55.00 for distribution servers (one required for every 500 viewers requested)
- $ 0.25 per hour per viewer (billed for actual viewer connections)
Our producer software allows us to electronically store and perform basic editing functions.
- $ 68.00 per hour basic editing
- Hosting static content on lbl.gov: Free
- WebSnap hosting: Free
- Web hosting IT-provided hardware (includes use of a dedicated LINUX/Apache server: $400 per month
- Web hosting customer-provided hardware
As of October 2010, there is no charge for Webspace
- Wireless access is free for employees. For installation costs for new wireless access points, please see the Price List