LabAlert provides timely emergency alerts to the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) community via email, telephone, and text message via government-issued or private cellular telephones. It supplements Level1 and the Public Address system to quickly alert you of emergency conditions.
The service is "opt in". As an employee of LBNL your work contact information is entered automatically into LabAlert. If you would like to receive notifications via private devices for potential laboratory closures, general emergency information, or potential impacts to the building you reside in, please subscribe by registering cellular information (see "Help" section for additional details).
To register for the service or manage your registration, click the "Lab Alert" icon.
LabAlert is a joint service of IT, Public Affairs, and Protective Services.
- Click on the big green button.
- Login (if you need to) with your LBNL Username/Password.
- Review your information under, My Profile.
- To edit your personal information click the blue Edit button.
- Add your information in the appropriate box.
- When you are done, simply click the “Save” icon at the bottom of the page.
That's all there is to it! LabAlert text messages will come from the number "893-61" and any phone calls will show up as 510-486-6288.
LabAlert is provided as part of the Berkeley Lab Technology Toolbox at no charge. However, you may incur text messaging charges from your cell phone provider at the normal rate you pay.