Key elements to remember:
- Benefit to Government: This statement should be between 230 and 1500 characters briefly explaining how this trip is going to benefit the Laboratory and DOE.
- Host Contact (name, phone, and affiliated institution): This should be the information of the person you will be visiting at each business location.
- After-Hours Host (name and phone): This should be your hotel or other lodging information for each business or personal location.
- Purpose (foreign tab): This statement should be between 500 and 1500 characters briefly explaining the activities you will be conducting in each location.
- Paid by Others: Anytime a host wishes to pay some or all travel costs, it must be documented. Please provide name of host in the trip comments section.
- Project ID for salary: If salary is being paid by a different project than the one being used for expenses.
- Personal Days: Travelers are permitted to take one day of vacation for every one day of business conducted (1:1 ratio).
- Electronic Media and Equipment: If you are traveling with a Lab issued laptop, PDA, cell phone, digital camera, or removable storage device, please provide DOE tag number and device type.
- Late Justification: This statement should explain why the request is late and what impact would there be should travel not occur. For travel requests submitted within 30 days of departure.
- Trip Comments: Important information for DOE or LBNL Travel Office.
- SELECT an approver and SUBMIT
Want to know the status of your foreign authorization? Access TREX to view your authorization and click "Trip History"
- Created - Document is in process; Not saved
- Pending - Document created and saved
- Submitted - An approver has been selected and document is pending Division Approval
- Division Approved - Division Director or Designee has approved trip. You may begin making travel arrangements
- FTMS Setup - Travel Authorization has been submitted to DOE and U.S. Department of State for review
- DOE Approved - DOE and U.S. Department of State has authorized travel. You may embark on Official business
Other statuses to be aware of:
- Returned by Division - You will need to access your authorization to review rejection statement. Once revised, please re-submit for approval
- Returned by Travel - You will need to access your authorization to review rejection statement. Once revised, please re-submit for approval
- DOE Denied - Travel request was disapproved. Please cancel travel arrangements and contact the Travel Office for additional assistance.