The LBNL Research Library can have items from UCB quickly delivered to our library, or fetch items from anywhere in the world via interlibrary loan. See below for instructions on how to request books from other libraries; you can also view a video which walks you through the interlibrary loan process and discusses other improvements in library service here. (LBNL personnel with the status of guest, temp, contractor, or retired staff do not have ILL privileges.)
TIP: Need help? Contact email@example.com
UCB Delivery Requests
From OskiCat (oskicat.berkeley.edu), first login by clicking "My OskiCat" in the upper right hand corner.
Choose the LBNL Login Button and enter your Berkeley Lab Identity Username and Password
Conduct your search, locate the item's record, and click the BAKER button above the record information.
Requests from other libraries (or UCB libraries via Melvyl)
When to use it: For books, articles, etc. that are not owned by or are not available at LBNL/UCB.*
1. Look for the item in Melvyl via* *http://berkeley.worldcat.org using the Search Box at the top of the page. Make sure to use the drop down menu directly underneath the Search Box to indicate"Libraries Worldwide" before you do your search. Otherwise you will be searching a much smaller collection of materials.
2) If the item is listed in Melvyl, request it by scrolling down and clicking on the orange Request button.
3) LibraryCard/Account Number. This is your six digit LBNL ID number.
4) Deliver my Request to: Select the "UCB Baker Service" location. (Print materials will be delivered to the LBNL Library.)
5) Email address: In this case, you can select whatever email address you would like to receive the electronic document.
6) I will no longer need the item(s) after: If this is a time sensitive request, use the drop down menu to indicate that. Note that 5 days is the shortest time limit.
7) Notes: If you have further information to provide to help the library to track down the item, please enter it here.
8) Once you have the above information entered, select Continue.
9) You will be presented with a page that summarizes your request and provided Copyright compliance information. If the summary is correct, select the Process my Request now button. If not, you can Cancel your request.
Renewal of ILL Materials:
For non-Berkeley material, renewals may be requested via the My ILL Requests link.
Try to request renewals at least a few days prior to the due date as it may take a couple of days to receive permission from the lending library to extend the due date. You will be informed by e-mail whether or not the request has been granted. If the renewal is not granted, you will need to return the item(s) by the due date. You can submit a request for another copy of the item(s) if the renewal is not granted by the original lending library.
If you have any questions, please contact us by submitting a Help Request.