Viewable by the worldSkip to end of metadata Go to start of metadata
Researcher Shop Safety Policy
The Researcher Shop complies with LBNL Publication-3000 Chapter 25 Machine Safeguarding—Shop and Lab Machine Safety
- All users must have a authorized and current WP&C Activity (EG-0100 Building 77 user shop).
- All users must be authorized for work on each piece of equipment, before use. Do not operate any equipment without prior authorization.
- Safety glasses with side shields will be worn at all times in all shop areas.
- Safety shoes or toe guards are required.
- No shorts, long sleeves, open toe shoes (sandals), necklaces, rings, watches, bracelets, or gloves shall be worn.
- Long hair must be tied back and held in place.
- Use of appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required at all times.
- All machine guards and shields must be in place, operational and utilized at all times.
- Building 77 cranes are NOT available for use by User/Researcher Shop personnel. If you require the use of a crane, ask Steve, Paul or Ed. Do not lift heavy objects.
- Shop’s crane policy requires that anyone within 12 feet of a suspended load must wear ANSI approved head protection. Please be aware of crane location at all times.
- If an energized crane or suspended load approaches within 12 feet, be prepared to move out of the area until the operation is complete.
- Report ALL injuries to Ted Keffeler, Rick Kraft, or other Building 77 personnel immediately.
- When in doubt, please ask. We are here to help you.