Viewable by the world
Researcher Shop General Policy
The Researcher Shop complies with LBNL Publication-3000 Chapter 25 Machine Safeguarding—Shop and Lab Machine Safety
- Safe use of the shop’s equipment is paramount and determines policy and availability. Understand and comply with all safety policy at all times!
- The Researcher Shop machinery is generally available from 7:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M., Monday through Friday and not available off hours or weekends.
- All users must be authorized for work on each piece of equipment before use. Pete Chavez (X2525) serves as the primary contact for researchers wishing to use the shop and maintains the authorization records. Additionally Ted Keffeler ( X5907) is available to authorize and otherwise assist shop users.
- Use of appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required at all times.
- All machine guards and shields must be in place, operational and utilized at all times.
- Users must clean all machinery used and properly stow all tooling and equipment at the end of each session or shift.
- Building 77 cranes are NOT available for use by Researcher Shop personnel. If you require the use of a crane, ask Pete, Jake, or Ted. Do not lift heavy objects!
- When in doubt, please ask. We are here to help.
- Report ALL injuries to Pete or Ted John immediately.