Contact: Bryan Smith 510-486-4956
The Optics Shop offers precision optical component fabrication to user specifications. While simple lenses or mirrors can often be purchased relatively inexpensively, often the customer will require custom geometry or modifications to existing components. For even the simplest of custom work, using outside resources would involve extended delays and almost certainly high minimum charges. Current size limitation is 10 inch diameter / major axis.
• Metals lapping and polishing
• Precision sawing of ultra hard or brittle materials using diamond based tooling
• Small hole drilling in glassy materials
• Exotic material grinding / polishing such as MGO, !SrTiO3, Piezoelectric ceramics, etc.)
• General surfacing of various materials to optical standards
• Optical flat manufacture and testing