Step by step instructions for configuring your 3.0 and above iPhone for the LBL Directory.
See step by step photos below.
- Select Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar>Add Account
- Select "Other"
- Select "Add LDAP Acount"
- Under Server type: identity.lbl.gov Leave everything else on this page blank and hit "Next" (note: the iPhone will hang for awhile trying to connect via SSL - as long as 2 minutes sometimes).
- You'll get a warning "Cannot connect using SSL" click "Continue" (you're not sending your password, so SSL is not required)
- Under "Search Settings" if you see "other" listed, click on it, then click "Delete Search Settings" then click "Add Search Settings"
- Click "Base" and type EXACTLY the following: ou=People, dc=lbl, dc=gov (Touch "Description" and it will populate. No need to do anything). Make sure that under "Search Scope" that "Subtree" is selected.
- Back out one level and then click "Save"
You're done configuring.
Now go to "Phone" select "Contacts". In the upper left you'll see "Groups", touch it.
(9.) Now you'll see a new service called identity.lbl.gov. Touch it, and you'll be able to search the directory.
iPhone step by step - click on any image to enlarge
iPhone at LBL
Announcing Google File Storage
Jan 21, 2010
LBL Holiday Calendar 2010 Now in ICS and Gcal
Nov 14, 2009
Announcing Doodle for Berkeley Lab
Nov 14, 2009
Coming soon - IT Mobility Competition
Aug 06, 2009
Screencast - Cool Things -Searching with Keywords
Jul 20, 2009