Directory Services at LBL
The directory has a search option as described here.
Phone, Fax, location, email address, and mail stop information is available in our LDAP directory service, located at www.lbl.gov/ds
If you need to update your personal information (name, address, diversity, vehicle, or other information) please use the Employee Self Service website. If the data you wish to update is not available on this website, please contact your division HR representative.
Note: if you have been asked to update information for someone else, the changes will be recorded and the person on whose behalf the change was made will receive an email notification.
Adding or Changing your email address
Use this link to add or update your email address in directory services: directory update
Phone, Location, fax, mail-stop, nickname, personal web site
On Thursday at 1pm, August 25, a self help service was implemented (requires authentication using your lab LDAP account).
Phone, fax, Location, mail stop,nickname, and personal web page are now entered by lab employees, rather than depend on the services of the Telephone Service Center (TSC). The data is entered directly into our Directory (LDAP) database and is shared on a nightly basis with Business Systems that require this information. Changes made "today" will be available in other systems "tomorrow"
An automated default phone and location update for new employees (using their supervisor or sponsor's information) is also part of the process (for new entries without any contact data).
As of March 2, 2012, mailstops were validated against an authoritative list maintained by facilities.
The Users Homepage is also updated through the new web form.
Leave your location blank if you do not occupy an office or cubicle full time (40 hrs).
- Phone numbers can be of any service (not restricted to LBL phones)
- 0-to-5 phones allowed ** Phone number is not required; no phone at all is allowed
- note only one phone will be propagated downstream (HRIS, et. al.) so multiple phones will only reside in LDAP
- one phone is “primary” -- this is the phone that will be propagated elsewhere
- phones can optionally have a label (Office, Lab, Campus, Home, Mobile, Other)
- phones are associated with people only (not locations)
- phone number formats should be validated on input xxx- xxx-xxxx and does not allow shortcuts like “x1234”
- one optional fax number allowed
- should be constrained to format xxx- xxx-xxxx
- Up to three locations
- The first location will be primary
- locations are rooms, ie BLDG-ROOM (both bldg and room are required)
- valid locations are restricted to the Facilities official list
- When entering data, rooms require leading 0 in room to be entered (e.g. 46-0246)
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the location you are in does not appear in the valid list maintained by Facilities
- Leave your location blank if you do not occupy an office or cubicle full time (40 hrs). (used for space planning)
- Buildings off hill as of November 23, 2011 - click here
- 0-to-1 mailstop allowed
- limited to authoritative list of Facilities mailstops - Go here for the valid Mailstops
- If you are located offsite (for example - you work at home or another edu or national lab facility), consider using your sponsor or supervisors selection (and arrange to have them forward mail to you)
- Check with Facilities if you feel that the choices for your building are not clear
- zero or one nickname allowed
- is replacement for first name (no nickname for last name or full name)
- The URL for your web site (if you have one).
- Would have to be fully specified (e.g. http://www.lbl.gov) - not just www.lbl.gov