Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
We facilitate the issuance and management of UC Berkeley identity credentials to LBNL employees who regularly work in UC Berkeley locations. There are slightly different processes for postdocs and employees.
Note: For computer-based collaboration between UC Berkeley and LBNL, the use of Federated Authentication may be more appropriate.
- Read the CalNet ID page and fill out the form at the bottom of the page. Note that Postdocs must go through UCB to obtain a CalNet account.
- You will be notified by email whether your request was approved or if more information is needed.
- 24 hours after your CalNet id has been created, you should see your name in the UCB directory and you may obtain a Cal 1 Card at the Cal 1 Card office on campus. The Cal 1 Card Office can provide you with your initial CalNet Username and Password as well (Note: this is NOT the same as your LBNL LDAP username/password). If for any reason they can't help you, next door to the Cal 1 Card office is UC Berkeley User and Account Services, which can assist you. See the Cal 1 Card site for more information.
- If you are a postdoc or LBNL employee, your CalNet ID is good for one year and must be renewed.
- UC Berkeley charges $25 to print an ID. Lost IDs must pay full replacement cost of $25.