Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
The IT Division is conducting two pilot initiatives involving video conferencing, and continues to recommend existing services provided by Google. A description of these alternatives follows (all of which are free for lab employees)
LifeSize Streaming and Recording
A lifesize appliance provides streaming and/or recording services for lab users who have investments in Lifesize room equipment.
Access to content
- Go to stream.lbl.gov
- Select the live stream or previously recorded content as appropriate.
Instructions for customers
To request Streaming/Recording:
- Call the IT help Desk at x4357 or put in a ticket at help.lbl.gov in advance of the meeting. Identify the following
- Time to Start and Time to End (or note that you will call the HD back to let them know to end it)
- If you want the conference to be streamed, recorded, or both
- Provide the IP address of the room Lifesize unit to the Help Desk
- Provide the name of the meeting (which will identify the recorded seminar)
- Instruct your users to go to Web address: stream.lbl.gov to see the live stream or view the recorded session after the fact.
- Insure that your presenters know that the streaming/recording will be world visible.