Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
We provide Linux workstation and desktop systems administration support for Berkeley Lab research programs.
Support is provided in the form of a Service Level Agreement where the HPC Services Group will provide ongoing support that is recharged at a monthly rate. This includes:
- Operating System upgrades
- System updates
- Security assessment and configuration
- Installation of recommended security patches
- Security incident response
- System crash recovery
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network services such as NFS, sendmail, printing
- Maintenance of system log files
- User Account administration
- File system configuration and maintenance
- Distributed printing configuration
- Access to site-licensed (e.g. Sun C and C++ Workshop) and public-domain software (e.g. Perl, GNU tools, etc.) on the Software Farm
- Priority customer service (same-day response)
- 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday support
These services are also offered on a time-and-materials basis for one-time or intermittent need. SEe the Rates section for pricing.
Create a blog post to share news and announcements with your team and company.
Berkeley Lab PIs interested in our systems administration support services should send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Susan James
at ext. 6507.
Send e-mail to email@example.com for problem reporting.
These services are also offered on a Time and Materials basis for one-time or intermittent need.
SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT MONTHLY RATES
- Full-management Linux desktop or server, Network appliance or Hitachi (Bluearc) server: $300/month
- Time-and-materials consulting rate: $120/hour