We provide Linux workstation and desktop systems administration support for Berkeley Lab research programs.
Support is provided in the form of a Service Level Agreement where the HPC Services Group will provide ongoing support that is recharged at a monthly rate. This includes:
- Operating System upgrades
- System updates
- Security assessment and configuration
- Installation of recommended security patches
- Security incident response
- System crash recovery
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network services such as NFS, sendmail, printing
- Maintenance of system log files
- User Account administration
- File system configuration and maintenance
- Distributed printing configuration
- Access to site-licensed (e.g. Sun C and C++ Workshop) and public-domain software (e.g. Perl, GNU tools, etc.) on the Software Farm
- Priority customer service (same-day response)
- 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday support
These services are also offered on a time-and-materials basis for one-time or intermittent need. SEe the Rates section for pricing.
Create a blog post to share news and announcements with your team and company.
Berkeley Lab PIs interested in our systems administration support services should send e-mail to email@example.com or contact Susan James
at ext. 6507.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for problem reporting.
These services are also offered on a Time and Materials basis for one-time or intermittent need.
SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT MONTHLY RATES
- Full-management Linux desktop or server, Network appliance or Hitachi (Bluearc) server: $300/month
- Time-and-materials consulting rate: $120/hour