The Human Resources Information System is a suite of PeopleSoft enterprise applications. The following modules have been installed in support of human resources operations at LBNL:
- Benefits — Establishes and manages multiple benefit programs. Defines providers, rates and beneficiaries and calculates coverages and premiums. Establishes and administers plans for FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act), COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act), Health, Life and Disability insurance, Savings (403b), Dependent Care reimbursement and Health Care reimbursement.
- Current Job Opportunities (CJO) — Allows applicants to view information about job openings online. Enables applicants to apply for a job opening and submit resumes online. Hosted by an outside vendor called Employment Engineering.
- Employee Self-Service — Contains a number of web applications, most of which display or update HRIS data, including the Termination Notification System, Emergency Contact, Name/Home Address Change, Parking Permit, Paycheck History, Training Enrollment, Change Request, Reversals.
- Labor Distribution — Receives effort data from LETS, GSRA data from Payroll, creates missing effort and distributes confirmed payroll dollars. Applies payroll burden, standard rates and union accruals and generates feeders for the Financial Management System (FMS). Also processes labor adjustments.
- Parking — Contains LBNL parking permit information and maintains list of employees holding parking permits in Berkeley garages.
- Payroll — Calculates earnings, taxes and deductions.
- Recruitment — Automates recruiting tasks, from setting up job requisitions to making employment offers and hiring applicants.
- Salary Planning — Manages budget dates and Salary Guidelines, the population eligible for increases.
- Signature Authorization — Manages authorized signers and dollar amounts they are authorized to spend.
- Training — Automates course, session, instructor, facility and materials setup, student enrollment, course completion and reporting.
- Recruitment — Tracks qualified candidates and interfaces with Employment Engineering.
IE 5.5 or better, Netscape 6.0 or better, Mozilla 1.4
Create a blog post to share news and announcements with your team and company.
Requests for access must be submitted by Business Manager, HR Center Manager or Functional Owner to email@example.com.
Submit problems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Department; contact: Cynthia Coolahan.
IT Technology Owner:
HR Systems Support; contact: Sadeepa WIjesekara
Functional documentation is available from the Functional Owner.
Training calendar is available at http://hris.lbl.gov
The service is part of the Berkeley Lab Technology Resource Kit and is provided to all employees and affiliates at no recharge.