Step1: Invite Participants
Send Participants the meeting information:
1. Date and Start Time of Conference (including the time zone).
2. Conference Phone Number to dial (toll-free, toll, or international).
3. Their 7-digit Access Code.
4. Web URL http://lbnl.readytalk.com and 7-digit access code (same as for audio).
Step 2: Start Your Audio Conference
(Note: The Chairperson’s passcode must be entered by the Chairperson or his/her designate before the conference can begin.)
- Dial the number provided for your conference.*
- Enter your 7-digit Access Code followed by #.
- Identify yourself as the Chairperson (press * when prompted, then enter your 4-digit passcode followed by #).
- Press 1 to start audio conference.
Step 3: Start Your Web Conference
Note: ReadyTalk supports all browser types including Mozilla, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Netscape. You must have Java installed. The chairperson must be on Java version 1.3.1 or higher (except 1.4.0). Participants must be on Java version 1.1.4 or higher (except 1.4.0).
- Go to: http://lbnl.readytalk.com
- Under "Chairperson" enter your Access Code and Passcode and click "Login"
- From the Conference Center page click on Open Meeting Controls.
- From the Conference Control screen click Start Meeting.
Step 1: Log in
Once your UberConference account has been activated for you, you will find it available from the Google grid (the application launcher) when you are logged into Google with your LDAP account. Click the grid, then click "More" at the bottom to select UberConference. Your dashboard appears. You may start a conference now or schedule one for the future.
Step 2: Start a Conference Now
(or jump to Step 4 for scheduling a conference)
Choose to use your phone or your computer.
Note: You must use Google Chrome to be given the "use your computer" option.
Allow the use of your microphone
Step 3: Invite People
Type in the email addresses of the people you wish to invite, then click Send Invites. It will auto-fill from your address book, but not from the LDAP directory.
Step 4: Scheduling a Conference (optional)
- Select a date from the calendar.
- Click on "Time" to choose a time from the drop-down, then choose a duration.
- Click Next Step.
Type in the email addresses of the people you wish to invite, then click Next Step.
Click “Send Invites” to send out your event invite.
Add the meeting to your calendar.
Conference Call Controls
Once your conference has started, you will see the parties on your call. Hover over each one to see options for muting them, viewing their social profile, or dropping them from the call. You can chat with callers using a chat icon in the far right of the page.
Desktop and Application Sharing
In the lower left of your screen, Chrome users will see an option to share their screen. Clicking the image gives you the option to share your entire desktop or just an application.
To initiate a video conference, open your Google+ Hangout in a separate tab of your browser, and all your attendees with Google+ Hangouts will be joined into the video conference portion of your call.