E-mail and Collaboration services support the needs of the scientific and operational community at LBL to share information, communicate, and work together.
Looking for a place to put things for your team, lab, or collaboration. Get an overview of the "state of collaboration" here .
E-mail and Mailing Lists
- Berkeley Lab Gmail (Our Primary Email service)
- Mailing Lists
- Mail Forwarding
- LabAlert - Mobile Emergency Notification System
- Self-hosted E-mail Servers and Mail Hygiene Services
Content Collaboration Tools
Get an overview of our content collaboration tools and feedback about other tools here>>>
Integrated Collaboration Tools:
- LBL Google Docs (share and collaborate in real time with text, spreadsheets, and presentations)
- LBL Google Sites (team collaboration environment, share files, wikis, and more)
- Commons (institutional wiki service with numerous advanced features for teams and individual publishing and sharing)
- Web and Web Application Hosting (host your website and web applications on a secure platform)
- eRoom (eRoom is a sunsetting service expected to leave our portfolio in 2011 - no new eRooms are being created).
File-Centric Collaboration Tools:
Niche Collaboration Tools
- Surveys and Google Forms Quickly create surveys and forms to gather information.
- Google Moderator Gather ideas, vote on them, present them.
- go.lbl.gov Short Links Make small links from go.lbl.gov.
- search.lbl.gov Google Search Appliance
- Conference Management using Indico
Scheduling and Calendar Tools
- LBL Google Calendar (The Lab's Primary Calendar System)
- Doodle (Easy to use scheduling for non-LBL attendees).
Real Time and Audio/Video Based Collaboration Tools
- Conference Calling
- Overview of Video Recording and Video Streaming Options
- Screencasting and Lecture/Meeting Capture
- Audio-Visual Services
- Video Conferencing
- Live Streaming of Events and Talks
- The IT Division wants to hear from you. Please let us know how we're doing. Send your suggestions to IT Feedback.
IT Help Desk
- For technical support, please call the IT Help Desk at 486-4357 or go to the IT Help Desk Web site.