Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
The Computer Training Room is located in the basement of Building 90 (90-0026). It contains 15 student workstations and one instructor workstation running Windows 10 with Office 2016 installed. The room is made available to the entire Lab community by the IT Division. The computer training room is also used as the primary site for the Emergency Operations Center. In the event of an emergency, EOC has priority for use of the room. Safety vests for the EOC team members are pre-positioned within the room on the back of the chairs according to their Emergency Operations Center roles and should be left in place at all times.
- The Computer Training Room has 15 student workstations equipped with 27" monitors, keyboards, mice, and network connectivity.
- The workstation for the instructor can also be connected to twin 52" television screens.
- All workstations run the Windows 7 64-bit operating system. These will be upgraded to Windows 10 in the summer of 2017.
- All systems come equipped with standard LBL security software and:
- Microsoft Office Office Pro Plus (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Firefox Browser
- Chrome Browser
- In addition to using the television screens, students can view the instructor's display on their own computers using Team Viewer.
- If additional software is needed, please put in a help request at help.lbl.gov, or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance. Standard IT support rates apply for this service.
- The room is equipped with one printer.
- Many of the workstations are setup on height-adjustable tables, with ergonomic chairs.
- To view training room availability, use this Google Calendar.
- To make a reservation, send an e-mail with the date and time needed, a description of the event, and a project ID to email@example.com
- If you need to make a multi-day reservation, but cannot find a sufficient time slot, please add this to your request.
The training room is available at no cost. If you require assistance setting up, demonstrations on how to use the facility, or otherwise preparing for your classes, please add this to your help ticket, along with a project ID. This project ID will be used to pay for the technician's time and standard IT setup fees for customers who are billed at the time and materials rate.