Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
IT provides a variety of Laboratory issued cell phones and smartphones to employees who have been approved. IT can also provide loaner cellular phones for special circumstances such as travel.
Berkeley Lab employees and affiliates may also access IT services on their personal devices. More information about configurations is available here.
More information about ordering cellular service is available here.
Mobile is an IT Strategic Initiative. More information is available in our Strategic Plan>>> )
Unless a calling plan is requested at time of cellular service activation, new cellular service subscribers are placed on the basic rate plan. Changing to or from a calling plan requires the approval of the Division Director, Deputy Division Director, or Division Director's designate, and is based on business need.
To order service, send e-mail to email@example.com with the following:
- User's name
- Monthly project ID
- Cellular vendor (AT&T or Verizon)
- Equipment and accessories to order
- Proper approval signature (division level authorization is required)
For information and rates on cellular equipment, and cellular voice and data services, click on the links below.
Cellular Headsets (see “Rates” for charges):
- Telephone Services has hands-free wired earpieces in stock for most Berkeley Lab-issued cellular phones. To request an earpiece, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cellular phone number, vendor name (AT&T or Verizon), phone model and project ID.
- If you require a Bluetooth headset, Telephone Services can order one for you. E-mail your request to email@example.com and include the Bluetooth model, your cellular phone number, vendor name (AT&T or Verizon), phone model and project ID. Approval from your supervisor or division management is required to purchase a Bluetooth headset.
- If you have any questions about our products or services, or would like to place an order, send e-mail to Telephone Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, call ext. 7997, or mail your request to 50E0101.
- More information about hands-free cellular devices: Telephone Services, ext. 7997.
As you and your team create content this area will fill up and display the latest updates.
- Smartphone Configurations
All cellular services are provided under a recharge structure.
Calling Plans and Equpment