The Berkeley Lab IT Audio Visual Services (AV) team offers training and support to help your group effectively schedule, manage and host successful events in a virtual space.
Hours of Operation
Regular AV hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. Any labor performed outside of these hours will incur overtime charges. The minimum labor charge for weekend days is 4 hours (depending on staff availability).
- Support for Virtual Events
- Audio/Video Editing and Post Production
- Group Audio Visual Training Workshops
- Audio Visual Equipment Upgrades
- Digital Signage Solutions
All requests for Berkeley Lab's IT Audio Visual support services can be made using the AV Request Form.
For more information on Berkeley Lab video conferencing services, visit the Video Conferencing FAQ page.
The following rooms at the Lab are supported by IT. Conference rooms are currently closed and will reopen once approved by the Lab directorate.
|54||130 (Pers Hall)|
AV Services Hours:
- Regular hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- AV services are recharged based on a flat rate of $100/hr.
- Any labor performed outside these hours will incur overtime charges ($150/hour).
Support for Virtual Events:
- The AV support tech will join 15-30 minutes early and stay connected for the first 15-30 minutes to ensure a smooth start.
- AV cannot remain connected for the duration of every virtual event, due to high demand and staff limitations.
- The host and co-hosts will retain all meeting controls and end the session when finished.
- The IT Help Desk is available during business hours should unforeseen issues arise (510) 486-4357 or [email protected]
- AV support requests made with less than 48 business hours advance notice will be billed at double time.
- Full staffing requests made with less than a 2-week advance notice will be billed at double time.
- AV may not be able to support late notice and/or emergency requests due to existing staff commitments.
Requesting AV Services:
- To request remote support for virtual events or other AV-related services, use the AV Request Form.
Still Need Help?
- IT Help Desk: 510-486-4357 (HELP)
- E-mail: [email protected] to open a support ticket