Maintenance on UPS may impact Collaboration and File/Print Services
The IT Infrastructure Dept has scheduled an maintenance window to upgrade a UPS. The goal is to replace an aging unit with a new one. This work may impact some IT Services. The UPS system supports a Network File System (NetApp) that is used by a variety of collaboration and File/Print Services.
Services that rely on this file system may not be available on Wednesday, February 13 from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
The File system has dual power supplies and only one side will be affected at a time. There is some chance (the probability is very small but not zero) that the unit would loose power and have to be restarted. If this happens, the following would be down for a short time:
- Print servers that support Windows XP clients
- Network File Services for users of our Institutional Active Directory based service.
- The Plesk web hosting environment
- The proxy site for accessing scientific journals at UCB
- Primavera - used by the labs Project Management Office
- The RMS system
This outage will impact Webspace and the Commons wiki (and the web pages hosted on it, including IT, HR, and Facilities) - both of which will be taken down as a precautionary step.