Integrated Disability and Absence Management (IDAM)
Welcome! The Integrated Disability and Absence Management (IDAM) Office is a resource to Berkeley Lab employees with respect to the administration of Federal and State Disability Laws and University/DOE policies relating to employee leave and employees with disabilities. We are able to assist Lab employees with:
- Medical leaves not related to an injury sustained at or because of work. This includes, but is not limited to, a personal injury, surgery, illness, pregnancy, parental leave for the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child, and leaves to care for a family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious medical health condition.
- Medical leaves related to an injury or illness sustained at or because of work (Workers’ Compensation).
- Medical leave benefits
- Disability accommodations and assistance in returning to work.
Additional information to support you during your medical leave can be found at these links:
- Berkeley Lab Requirements and Procedures Manual
- Employee Assistance Program and Behavioral Health Services
- Disability Insurance
- Catastrophic Leave (Voluntary Leave Donation)
- UC Supplemental Family Medical Leave
- Leave as a Workplace Accommodation
- Parking for Expectant Mothers
- Support for Nursing Mothers
- Return-to-Work Program
- UC Service Credit Buyback
- Social Security Disability Benefits
- MyFamily at LBNL
We also provide information about and access to services mandated by federal and state laws including:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- California Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- California Fair Employment & Housing Act (FEHA)
- Your Rights and Obligations as a Pregnant Employee
Employees should contact the IDAM office for assistance when initiating any medical leave. You may reach your IDAM team by email to email@example.com or by phone, the number is 844-361-4594.
- If your last name begins with A thru M, select 1. Your call will be routed to Laura Miller, IDAM Analyst
- If your last name begins with N thru Z, select 2. Your call will be routed to Gayle Tornberg, IDAM Analyst
IDAM team members are able to assist you with your medical leave of absence, disability accommodation, workers compensation questions or return to work processes. If you leave a message, the team will return your call within 48 hours.
If you have questions or comments related to any information shared here, please contact Deí Singletary, Principal IDAM Analyst.