Teamwork is a Project Management App purchased for the Lab in August 2015. To request an account simply go to help.lbl.gov and submit a ticket to request a new Project account in Teamwork (be prepared to identify who should be the Project Manager for your new Project).
Teamwork is based on Companies and Projects.
When a new person from the lab request access to Teamwork (who is representing their own department for the first time) - we will most likely create a new "Company" in Teamwork to describe the lab department and to house other people (stake holders) for the Project. Also the new Project will be assign a Project Manager; That is, one person who will be responsible for assigning other people to this Project and responsible for overall management of their Project.
Our Subscription: as of September 2015, we subscribed to the yearly "Business Plan" with 400 GB file storage space.
Below are FAQ's for different types of access:
- Explore the menu system
- Enjoy some basic Teamwork Videos
- Handy short-cuts for routine tasks
- Hierarchy & naming schemes within Teamwork
- Use Teamwork via mobile apps
Project Manager FAQs
- How are roles used?
- How do I add new people to a Project?
- How do I add a new person to a company and/or a project?
- How can I view a Gantt chart by Project(s) within a Company or All Companies?
- How do I Add or remove an existing person from a Project?
- How do I Add a new Project Category and assign Projects to them?
- How can I add a new Company?
- How can I merge in another Company with my Company Project?
- How do I set permissions on a new user?
- How do I merge my Teamwork Calendar with my work calendar?
Normal User FAQs
- How does Company, Project & Category work together? (chart layout view)
- What are File Categories and how are they used?
- How can I view a Gantt Chart for my Project Tasks?