Google Drive is a central repository for all of your files (documents, files, images, video, etc). We have unlimited storage per our service agreement with Google for GSuite Business. At LBL, Google Drive is central to many of our everyday functions.
Fig 1. Google Drive Screenshot
Google Drive integrates with Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Groups, etc. The benefits of Google Drive include:
- Simultaneous editing of Google files (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc) by many users.
- Easier searching of files by name or metatags (using the file’s “Description” field)
- Addition of 3rd-party apps from Chrome Web Store to extend functionality. There are hundreds of add-ons available including HelloSign, Lucidchart, & Smartsheet, etc.
- Unlimited File Storage, where files are shared and sync’ed
- Accepts all file types. Most file types can be previewed in the Google Drive web interface.
- Integrates with Google properties (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Drawing, Gmail, Groups, etc)
- Previewing of MS Office files (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Easy converting of MS Office files to equivalent Google file
- Runs on desktops, mobile devices, & tablets
- Large installed base and used industry-wide. Google claims 240 million active monthly Google Drive users
|Google Learning Center||https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center|
|Intro to Google Drive IT class slides||https://docs.google.com/a/lbl.gov/presentation/d/1MAodpocKO-GSkPiy2CgLpufQ7bPgwgGyfDOnb2V4-G8/edit?usp=sharing|
More information may be found below: