Setting permissions on a page in commons restricts the page so that only the persons or groups listed can view/edit the page. If no permissions are set then both viewing and editing may be done by anyone.
Steps for setting permissions on EPG pages
- From the page you want to set permissions on click on the "Edit" menu and select "Edit this page..."
- At the bottom of the page select the button labeled "Restricted" or "Unrestricted"
- On the "Page Restrictions" window select the radio button for either viewing or editing
- In the text box labled "Enter User or Group Name" start typing the name or group you would like to have access and select them as they appear below the box
- When you have selected everyone to have access click the save button