Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Berkeley Lab Records Liaison Officers (RLO's) represent their division/department in records policy matters and work with the Archives and Records Office (ARO) to coordinate and implement the policies and procedures of the Laboratory's records management program in their division/department.
Records Liaison Program
The RPM requires that divisions appoint a Records Liaison Officer with the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate records management activities with both the Laboratory-wide program and within their division or department,
- Help ensure that their division or departments records program adheres to applicable laws and regulations as well as standards, procedures and guidelines from ARO.
- Adhere to ARO's requirements for RLOs.
Records Liaison Officer Duties
- Coordinate the transfer of inactive records. Direct people in your division to use the Records Transfer Procedure.
- Prevent the accidental, unwarranted, or unscheduled destruction or removal of records within your division/department. If you think this has occurred or is occurring, contact us immediately (ext. 5525 or email@example.com)
- Respond to records disposal notices you receive from ARO in a timely manner.